William Stephens, a is a Professor of Philosophy at Creighton University, is a first-rate scholar of Stoicism.
We recently recorded a few short clips explaining Marcus Aurelius' thought and life together.
- Who Marcus Aurelius was.
- How he ruled the Roman Empire.
- What is The Meditations?
- Gratitude in Stoicism and The Meditations.
- How to think about the past, present, and future.
- Marcus Aurelius' cognitive tool of analysis.
- Civic virtue and Stoicism.
- Standout passages and highlights from The Meditations.
If you're new to Stoicism, start at the beginning. If you're familiar with Stoic thought, you'll get a lot out of the later half.
Listen to them all here: (Android, iPhone).
You can also listen to my previous conversation with Dr William Stephens here.